Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Alina's Entrance Slip - Sept 16

 Hello Everyone!

Yes, this article speaks to me as a current teacher candidate. Although it was written in a different time and place, I connected with its discussion of teachers’ responsibilities and professional freedom. Teachers have specific curriculum content they are expected to teach, but they still have considerable choice in how they plan lessons, manage their classrooms, and support their students. I also connected with the section on responsibility, as it reminded me that I will be responsible for making decisions that directly affect my students and their learning. I agree with the article’s emphasis on using practicum experiences to understand how schools operate, as observing and reflecting on these experiences will help me improve as a teacher.

One part that felt dated was the discussion of comparing personal beliefs with those of others and considering the consequences of withholding certain beliefs. While reflecting on and questioning our beliefs is still important, I think the language could be updated to emphasize respecting and engaging with diverse perspectives rather than “comparing” beliefs. This article also helped me think about teacher inquiry and critical thinking by encouraging me to question my own assumptions and reflect on the decisions I make as a teacher. Rather than simply accepting existing practices, I should continually ask why things are done a certain way and consider their impact on the students.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alina's Exit Slip - Sept 24

  Hello everyone!  I really enjoyed how interactive today’s class was. It was so cool to use our bodies as measuring tools and learn about t...