Thursday, September 17, 2026

Alina's Exit Slip - Sept 17

 Hello Everyone!

Today’s class was very insightful. Being able to choose a spot in the garden and reflect on my surroundings was a peaceful experience. I loved returning to a familiar place, sitting on the same bench I usually sit on, but turning in the opposite direction. By simply changing my perspective, I noticed so many details that I had never noticed before. I saw a very cool structure that was made of sticks, and I saw a variety of signs that labeled the plants in the area. Previously, I had only noticed one sign, the apple tree sign, because it was directly in my line of sight from where I regularly sit in class. Discovering the other signs, which were beautifully painted and labelled, was really cool and made me appreciate the thought and creativity put into the garden.

Sketching two living things and two man-made objects encouraged me to observe my surroundings more intentionally. I found it inspiring to slow down and pay attention to specific objects, such as a birch tree leaf. There are so many beautiful details to appreciate, including its texture, smell, the sound of the leaves rustling in the wind, the intricate lines, and the unique outline of each leaf. Taking the time to reflect on the small things we often overlook was eye-opening and helped me recognize the beauty in nature that can easily go unnoticed when we do not take the time to truly observe it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Alina's Entrance Slip - Oct 1

  Hello Everyone! While reading, I paused when I read the phrase, “honey attracts more flies than vinegar.” This is so powerful because it r...