Hello everyone!
I really enjoyed how interactive today’s class was. It was so cool to use our bodies as measuring tools and learn about the many creative methods people used in the past before rulers and measuring tapes existed. I had originally only thought of using the length of a foot, but I was surprised by how many other body parts, such as fingers, elbows, and hands, could be used for measurement. I also really enjoyed learning about real-world activities that can take place in the garden because I believe they can have a lot of meaning for students. Learning about the angle of the sun was very interesting and now I am going to think about it every time it is sunny and I am outdoors. Additionally, seeing Susan’s compass was so cool because I have never seen one in real life before. Overall, I took a lot away from today’s class. It inspired me to incorporate more outdoor learning into my future math classroom and to create real-world activities that allow students to apply mathematical concepts in meaningful ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment